Monday, December 31, 2012

Week 1 Introduction

Yay! It's finally time to start the quilt!
The book is set up so that there are excerpts from letters along with pictures of the blocks they inspired and then in the back there are all the blocks with piecing instructions. The thing is, they're in a different order. I've been trying to decide whether to do them in order of the letters, or in numerical order in the instructions.
It would be fun to do them in order of the letters and write about how those letters inspired me over the weeks, but after a weekend of consideration I think I have decided to do them in numerical order instead. It will be easier to keep track of which blocks I've done, and easier to follow along.
If any of you are planning on quilting along with us this year, feel free to do the blocks in whatever order you feel like. I'd love to see pictures of your finished blocks in the linky parties that will be coming up!
Oh, also, I should mention that I have added my sister, Chelsea, as a contributor to the blog, so you may hear from her as well once in a while, too! (That's a special treat, she is a much better writer than I am.)
On to business...
The blocks for this week are:
1. Attic Windows
2. Autumn Tints
3. Basket
The templates needed are:
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#6R
#7
#8
#9
#10
#14
Happy New Year and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment