Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh THERE you are, Peter!*

Alright, here we go again. Looks like I've forgotten to post more blocks than I had thought. I posted these on instagram weeks ago. (Follow me: SarahFranz13)
#10 - Bowtie: I picked these fabrics based on the name of the block this time. I think the white fabric with the stripes looks like it'd be a dress shirt. The anchors also remind me of a dress shirt or dress pants. And of course the polka dots definitely scream, "bowtie!"
#11 - Broken Dishes: Man oh man this was a lot of triangles to cut out. I kind of wish that I knew what size of squares would work to just be cut in half to simplify this a lot. I'm not a huge fan of cutting out all the little pieces. It's my least favorite part of this quilt. That being said, I do like how this turned out with the dusty green and light purple. 
#12 - Broken Sugar Bowl: I feel like I need to go break some dishes and my sugar bowl (wait, I don't have one...who has a sugar bowl? I don't even have a butter dish. I need to get a butter dish.) just to see if they look anything like block #11 and #12. I really like how this one turned out. I love my Frog Prince in Olive fabric, even though it has some pink, which I wasn't planning on using in this quilt. Love love love this block!

*Title reference from the movie Hook

No comments:

Post a Comment