Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blocks 10-12

Block 10 Bowtie
Meh.
Block 11 Broken Dishes
When I read the name for this one, I knew I had to do it in blue and white, like a broken Wedgewood bowl or something. In Elementary school, my friend Sophia and I found a broken dish like that on her neighbor's curb. We decided to put it back together, so we picked up all the pieces we could find, put them in a box, then tried to put it together using glue and paintbrushes. We actually got a lot of it put together, which is amazing, considering it wasn't just a crack or a clean break. It had shattered into about a million pieces. And we glued most of them back together!
Block 12 Broken Sugar Bowl
Okay, it took me until this week to realize that the blocks are alphabetical. Is it just me? 

2 comments:

  1. I still love the calico you're using. The blue and white for the dishes one makes perfect sense :) I love those dishes. I remember that dish you tried to put back together, too. How much do you want to bet it's somewhere in the den still?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, Sarah. I will try to get all of Chelsea's stuff out of the den soon to make more space for my sewing & crafting.

    ReplyDelete